Online Resume & Cover Letter Reviews
The Online Resume and Cover Letter Review Service is available when classes are in session during Fall and Spring Semesters. The service is suspended during breaks and over the summer.
What is an Online Resume/Cover Letter Review?
NOTE: Online reviews are unavailable during the Summer. Please utilize our drop-in service or make a coaching appointment for a resume/cover letter/LinkedIn profile review.
You will submit a draft of your resume or cover letter online (currently we use Moodle to collect the files). A Career Center staff member spends 10-15 minutes reading your resume or cover letter and provides written feedback on changes and improvements that could make your document stronger and help you stand out when you apply to internships, jobs, or graduate schools. You will receive this feedback in approximately 3-5 business days.
Please read submission instructions prior to sending your file to avoid unnecessary delays.
What if I can't wait 3-5 business days?
A business day is Monday - Friday, 8:30 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Any document submitted after 5:00 P.M. will be considered the next business day.
The service will only be available when class is in session. If class is not in session, it is not considered a business day for this service.
- Follow the hyperlink to https://go.illinois.edu/OnlineReviews
- Self-enroll by logging in to Moodle with your NetID and university password.
- Once logged in, you will be able to access the online portal directly via Moodle navigation or The Career Center website at any time.
- Review the “Rules and Guidelines” section
- First-time users, scroll down and click “Submit your Resume or Cover Letter 1” *please submit in chronological order
- Scroll and click “Add submission.
- Upload the document you are requesting for a review.
- In the text-box indicate the reason you are requesting a resume or cover letter review.
- Confirm you submission.
Once your document has been reviewed, you will be sent an email from Moodle containing a link to view your document and any feedback provided by the reviewer. Feedback will be provided within 3-5 business days.